Tuesday, August 11, 2009

An unexpected fear...

Today I worried that I was forgetting about Brynn. I would get really involved in my work and suddenly remember I had a daughter. How weird does that sound?
I've never had someone who depended on me completely, so I've never had anyone to be concerned about while I'm away. Brynn is safer with her Grammy than I am at school, so that's not an issue. But that sneaky guilt still pops up. Why?
I have to do my best at work when I'm there, and that doesn't make me a bad mom. Quite the opposite. I'm a good role model and a provider. While being those things, I can't think about her constantly. Is it okay to let go a little?

1 comment:

  1. Don't beat yourself up about doing a good job and maybe even enjoying it a little. When I stopped breastfeeding David and was actually able to go away for the weekend, I felt like I was doing something wrong. The time that you spend with that sweet little girl is what matters. She just knows that she's loved all of the time, and that lots of people love her!!!

    ReplyDelete