Monday, August 10, 2009

First Day as a Working Mom


Well, in spite of a panic attack (totally needed a paper bag) last night, I managed to get a few hours of sleep and get up at 6:00 this morning. I was so confused when the alarm went off. My only alarm has been my daughter's grunts and whines for more than 120 days.
I don't deal with change well as it is, but this was huge. I went from one full-time job to two. I went from having one child to 11. (They're still mine in a way.) I had to switch roles today. Identities really. At home I'm Lacy, as soon as I get to Duncan I'm Mrs. Grant. They really are different people. Now at home I'm Lacy and Mommy, so it was even harder to switch.
I made it through. I was very bitter at the beginning of the day. I didn't want to tell people I was fine. I didn't want to tell people I wasn't glad to be back. I didn't want anyone to talk to me at all. Once a few of my pricklies fell off I realized how much everyone at school cares about me and that they could help if I let them.
I'm not saying I'm all hunky dunky already, but I'm getting there. Perhaps this blog's new purpose will be to document this adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment