Thursday, January 14, 2010

Fitness Goals...

Erick and I joined Anytime Fitness at the beginning of the month or end of December, whichever. We felt a little goofy joining at the new year, especially when the worker asked us, "So is this your New Year's resolution?" We're like, "Yeah, well, we've been talking about it forever and just now got in here." Whatever.
Anyway, I love it so far, but after a few visits, I'm thinking that my goals are a little different from most people's.

Number 1: Become one of the gym members that annoys the snot out of me, i.e. Miss "Look at me do the Elliptical BACKWARDS without falling off OR throwing up!" or Mr. "Dude, I can't keep the sweat off of my face. I've been 3 miles on this thing and I've still got to do an hour on the treadmill." (The sweat part is an actual quote. I almost made part of my strength training for that day kicking him off his bike and saying, "YOU'RE A STINKY BOY, THAT'S WHY!" Ahem. Sorry.)

Number 2: Be able to actually lift my legs out of the bike stirrups and over the machine when I'm done. I was quite, um, svelte yesterday as my legs plonked to the floor and I dragged my right leg over the contraption and hopped with my left to get away.

Number 3: Get my vienna sausage fingers back into my wedding rings. There has been one day since about 6 months before Brynn was born that I have been able to wear them. I miss looking married. The first time I ever met Erick's grandmother she said, "Well look at your fat fingers!" My now mother-in-law tried her best to stop her, but to no avail. "Look at them! They ARE!" Love you, MaMa. Know anyone who does Lipo on fingers?

I'll probably think of some more later, but I needed to write these down so I don't forget them.
I should write an inspirational book. It would be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment