Saturday, July 23, 2011

Just Brynn


My child is a lot like me. She's also a lot like her daddy. But mostly, she is JUST like herself.

Ways she is like me:
1. She ALWAYS fights sleep and says she isn't tired even if she obviously is. For example, she just fell asleep (I think) after being in her room for 2 hours. Am I mean? She was happy, why bother her?
2. She likes jewelry, but it pretty quickly gets on her nerves. "My nekwace is bodderin me, Mommy. Geddit off."
3. She gets delirious when she gets tired.
4. She loves carbs and would prefer that be all she eats.

Ways she is like Erick:
1. Oh my gosh those two are fussy about getting situated in bed. B: Not that bwankie, Mommy! Cubber my feets! No! Socks OOOFFFFFF! E: Put something over your clock, it's too bright. Something is ticking. The sheets are bunchy. Did you put on lotion?
2. The way she looks at you like she's thinking about how she is totally right and you are totally wrong. (Yet in a somewhat humble way?)
3. Routine routine routine. Don't leave anything out or add anything without 24 hours notice.
4. Nothing is more fun than aggravating Mommy. (It's always in a fun way until I let them know they've crossed that line.)

But like I said, mostly she is herself. Erick and I left the McDonald's playground when other kids came. She wants to leave if no one is there. She introduces herself to everyone. It's like we're in a parade all the time with Miss Congeniality.
It's easier now, but at first it took very active work on my part not to stifle her outgoing-ness (as if she would let me). But I am so thankful that for whatever reason God gave us this little girl who does not fit the mold I imagined she would be. She won't leave bows in her hair, hates to wear shoes outside, and her favorite toy right now is a foam axe (in the style of Fiona from Shrek). I wouldn't trade her for any Fancy Nancy anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment