Sunday, July 31, 2011

Weekend Catch-Up

So I've gotten behind...to be honest I've been grappling to try to hold onto peace and contentment in my heart the last few days for various reasons in spite of wonderful things continuing around me. Maybe the "I" in that sentence is the problem. Anyway. I'm not up to my usual essay-style, so I'll make a list to catch up on my blessings.

Friday: Day Out With Thomas!



This is us on the train. For those of you non-parents of toddlers, Thomas the Tank Engine is a he, not an it. Erick ran into a dispute over that, lol. He's a real steam engine converted in 1997 to look like Thomas. We were too cheap/too hot/didn't want to wait in line to get a picture of Brynn with the front of Thomas, but we did ride him. It was so much fun watching Brynn's face when she saw him. We were looking for where to park and saw him. When we went past (still trying to park) meltdown ensued. We assured her we were going back. It was a lot of fun, in spite of the heat. (I thought surely it being in the mountains it wouldn't be 100+ degrees, but I was wrong.

Saturday: Fun Meandering

Erick had to work yesterday morning, but fortunately he works at a pretty cool place that is kid friendly: the library. Brynn and I went to visit him and turn in her summer reading paper. She got to choose a book to keep, and what was there--none other than her new favorite Mo Willems book the we had just had to turn in! We were both very excited and have read it several times. In addition to library fun, Brynn got to go play with Mimi and Papa while Mommy and Daddy went to Costco and just wandered around looking at stuff, wanting to buy it. Always a treat.



Today: Happy birthday, Dillon!

I was 8 years old when I figured out/Mama and Daddy told me I was going to have a sibling soon. Once he was born on July 31 19 years ago, I didn't know what I had ever done to entertain myself without him. He annoyed me quite a bit when I got a little older, and I him. Once I went to college and he was a little older, we kind of came to an unspoken truce. Now I know I can depend on him for anything, and even though I don't see him every day anyway, I miss him something awful when he's off at college. Dillon, you are the best brother anyone could have. I love you so much, and I am so proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment