Monday, August 1, 2011

Zzzzzzz...


My blessing today is sleep.
Absolutely nothing else makes me into a monstrous crazy-lady faster than me being sleep deprived, and apparently my daughter took after me as well.
Because of some fun stuff happening the last few days interfering with her normal schedule, she apparently has gotten a little off. She is never unbearable, but all this morning she was a little more spastic and wallowy than usual. (If you are a mother you know that wallowy is a word!) After a trip to Costco went just a wee bit too long this morning, she was starting to grow horns. She doesn't make sense when she gets tired and EVERYTHING is a tragedy.
This was one of our conversations on the way home from said Costco trip:
Brynn: He gave me a smiley face! (referring to a drawn smiley face on the receipt)
Me: Yes! Wasn't that nice?
B: Here you go Mommy.
M: You don't want it?
B: It's a smiley face!
M: Yes it is!
B: (Immediately panicked) I DROPPED MY SHOE! IT'S RIGHT THERE! RIGHT THERE MOMMY!
M: I can't get it while I'm driving sweetie.
B: I DON'T WANT TO WATCH SHREK!
M: What would you like to watch?
B: (silence)
See? Makes no sense.
Thank goodness, she didn't fight her nap AT ALL and is still sleeping now about 2 1/2 hours later. Hopefully she'll wake up back to her pleasant, intelligent self. Thank you, God, for making sleep that re-focuses and mends our tired brains!

No comments:

Post a Comment