Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Orange toes, green neck


Brynn and I went to Hearts of Clay a couple of weeks ago (formerly known as Flying Saucers). It is one of my very favorite places to go, and I was ECSTATIC that Brynn loved it too. I didn't know how she would do with us each working on our own pieces, so I just let her choose one and I sort of helped her. (Mostly I just got her what color she asked for.)
Notice her tongue in the picture. Since she was itty bitty we've said she has Mema's tongue. My grandmother does that when she's doing anything from ironing to cutting tomatoes. That's how you know that she (and Brynn) are concentrating.
Brynn chose her lion and said she wanted it to be "ya-ow." She carefully painted every speck of white she could find yellow and put her paintbrush down. "Are you finished?" I asked, secretly disappointed that was it.
"No. I neeeedd....wed."
So I went to get red and she painted his eyes and tongue red. After that she would name another color and paint his toes or his tail, his back, whatever she thought needed a splash of color.
Maybe some mothers would have preferred the all yellow lion, but I LOVE her lion how she painted it. It shows every color she knows right now and all the body parts she could name. (We're working on "mane.")
Now to tie this all up and make it appropriate for my future devotional book I've been told I should write. :)
I am so glad that God doesn't stop when he starts making people. We're not plain yellow. We have everything that he could think of that we needed to make us unique. Just like you may think Mr. Lion's blue back is a little weird, I think it's beautiful. I thought the red eyes were a little evil, but Brynn thought they were perfect.

The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands. --Psalm 19:1

I am so thankful that I am God's handiwork!

2 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! I love all the colors! I agree that you should write a devotional book! I'm been contemplating a similar idea myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the sweetest story, ever. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete