Saturday, August 20, 2011

Stream of Consciousness Saturday

You can tell that school started! I told you I didn't know when I would have blogging time. This week was the first week with kids, so when I got home, fed everyone, and got Brynn in bed, all I felt like doing was lying on the couch and watching a half an episode of Star Trek Voyager before falling asleep myself.
One night I did go to the grocery store. That was just so I could feed everyone and THEN go to sleep.
I have a lot to be thankful for though.
I LOVE my new position. I got into special ed in college because I wanted to teach resource, and 5 years later, I'm finally doing it. I'm very thankful that it is all I hoped it would be. I've got to figure out how to cut down my planning time. I stayed until 5:00 Friday just getting ready for Monday. I'm not used to planning for 7 groups of kids. It is so worth it though! I love that I'm getting to work with more of the teachers too and not so secluded in the way way back of the school. I really hope I'll be able to make a measurable difference in these kids' academics.
Totally changing subjects and possibly rambling...
I think I'm going to look into FlyLady.net. The baby steps about cleaning my house...Erick helps a lot while I'm working, but I've never really known how to keep my house nice and neat. I just read what you're supposed to do on Day 1, and it's about making your sink shiny. The only thing is I don't think I even have the stuff she says to use to clean it. Like bleach and an SOS pad. Is that a bad sign? I just hung up the phone with my sweet grandmother, and she was talking about this morning going around with her flashlight checking for dust and spiderwebs.
I'll never be that person.

Dear future grandchildren of mine,
I promise I will always make you feel better about how you keep your house. Please don't talk too badly about the condition of my house after I die.
Love,
Granny

I'm in a really weird mood apparently. I think I'll go find something to wash, if not the sink.

1 comment:

  1. I love Flylady!! I just wish I would make myself get with the program again! There is nothing like walking into a clean house each day!!

    ReplyDelete