Monday, August 8, 2011

Change is good. Right?

So today was my first day back at school this year. I was most dreading the imminent "get-to-know-you" activity. Remember those from school? "Find someone who has a dog with the same name as you and get them to sign your paper in their favorite color."
I hated them then; I hate them now.
The one today wasn't too bad. We just had to go to one side of the room or the other according to our preference of a given option. (Coke or pepsi, boxers or briefs)
I don't mind meeting new people. I was looking forward to meeting the new folks at school. I think I just hate being forced into a situation that already makes me a little nervous. Why is everyone always forcing you to get out of your comfort zone? It's called a COMFORT zone for a reason. Haha.
I'm guessing it's because nothing would ever change without a little discomfort. I'm not arguing the validity of the get to know you games--I still think those are still ridiculous. But actually meeting and talking to someone for real is a good change out of your comfort zone.


"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature:
old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."
2 Corinthians 5:17


1 comment:

  1. It is hard to get out of your comfort zone, hopefully good comes because of the effort! Have a great school year!

    ReplyDelete