Sunday, August 14, 2011

Ready to celebrate a new year already....

Excuse my language, but this has kind of been a sucky year. I enjoy leading a somewhat boring, uneventful life. There has been too much drama this year. I don't like being on every prayer request list I can find.
First I lost my baby. My father-in-law has had three eye surgeries and still isn't in the clear. Just this week I lost my Papa to Alzheimer's.
They say bad stuff comes in threes, so maybe this family is done.
Even as I say that, there have been some great things happening too. I unexpectedly got the job I've wanted since I switched majors to special education in college. I'm really excited about starting this year and have great ambitions to finally get better at the paperwork I've been muddling through for the past 5 years.
Brynn is growing into a real live person who doesn't (always) pitch an all out conniption fit at every request. Just last night in the car she asked for a juice box, and usually telling her I don't have one leads to a useless tantrum being that I cannot create juice boxes out of thin air. Instead she grunted once and then started talking about something else. I was so happy!
The events of this year so far have changed me. I feel weathered. Like I have been forced to grow up a little faster than I was ready to. I pray that God will give me opportunities to make the best of the sorrows I have experienced, and I hope He will be pleased with how I'm coming through this time.

My family and I will be walking in the Alzheimer's Association's Walk to Remember in memory of Papa. Please support us with a donation at http://walktoendalz.kintera.org/spartanburg/lacygrant. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment