Thursday, June 4, 2009

Rain...

Rain usually makes me sad. Ill even. I consider myself to have a sunny personality, so rain does not compliment that well. I know we need rain, and I always feel obligated to thank God for the rain on behalf of farmers and flowers, but honestly I don't think I mean it. I'm selfish like that. There should be some better way of getting moisture and cleanliness to the earth other than making everything so dark and miserable. I need sunshine. Maybe I have a vitamin D deficiency or Seasonal Affect Disorder.
Today, though, I'm in a need-rain mood. I want a day to be in the house and do nothing or everything, I haven't yet decided. Being stuck in the house is a lot more fun with a sweet baby that smiles and coos at whatever Mommy does. Rain makes me slow down and remember things like that since I have to work harder at being happy and pleasant on days like these. So thank you, God, for the rain today. I mean it this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment