Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Something funny


I was sitting in my classroom today (doing work without being paid) and the assistant principal came in to check on end of the year stuff with my substitute. I found it amusing that she checked off my stapler, tape dispenser and scissors. I bought all those myself. How nice of them to make sure I still have them.
Then she asked about my classroom library books that I send home with students. "Um, do you mean my books I brought?" I asked. Come to find out there are actually books available to teachers in the school for just such a purpose. I love being held responsible for things I'm never told about and being a raccoon of the school faculty along with the rest of the special education department.
The students who need the most help get whatever is leftover. Makes sense, huh? This raccoon is irritated.

No comments:

Post a Comment