Sunday, January 8, 2012

Movie Weekend

I caught up on a couple of movies most everyone has probably already seen this weekend and thought I'd share.

Larry Crowne
I liked this one a lot. It's not one I'd watch over and over, but I wouldn't mind watching it again. It was a very feel good movie. I love Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts, so you pretty much can't go wrong.
It had some sad stuff, but nothing that made me cry. Just very real life-ish at times.

The Help
First of all, I haven't finished this one yet. It's long! I didn't realize that going in. I'm going to try to finish it before I take it back to Redbox.
I knew sorta kinda what it was about, but it is a lot heavier than I thought it would be. I obviously hadn't read a synopsis. It's very good, definitely should win some awards, but not a easy fluffy Saturday afternoon movie. Especially not for the kind of mood I was in yesterday! (Phew, that's another blog in itself.)
One thing that made this movie hard to watch is that you can't dismiss the bad things with, "Oh, it's just a movie." No, it really happened, and to some degree still goes on I'm sure. It's just a very honest view on how things were. I love Bryce Dallas Howard but oh my gosh, this character is disgusting! I wanted to reach in the tv and strangle her.
I had Erick look up the ending to make sure Minny or Aibileen don't get killed. I couldn't watch it then.

I wanted to go see the new Sherlock Holmes movie in the theater, but we got there at 2:30 and it started at 2. We probably wouldn't have missed much, but I don't like going in late. Maybe next time we'll look at the times before we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment