Friday, July 19, 2013

Demons

I believe in demons. Or bad Juju. Or evil shoulder angels.


 Mine tell me things like, "Who are you kidding? You look silly running. You didn't run today, so you're done. I knew it wouldn't last long. Eat that pizza, Fatty, eat it!"

I wish my inner voice was nicer. If it were my employee I'd fire it. I try to now, but it won't leave.
I'm doing my best to ignore that voice. Yesterday morning it was so freaking loud it took an hour and a half nap an hour and a half early from everyone in my house to make it shut up. (Apparently my children could hear it yesterday too because NOBODY was being nice.)

Do you have a demon inside your head too that likes to sabotage you? I'm just doing my best to push through it and talk back.
I'm doing great. I'm making good choices. It doesn't matter what I look like running, who is watching me anyway? It's ok to miss a day. It's ok to eat pizza now and then.
Brynn told me I was pretty and funny last night. I like that voice better.

No comments:

Post a Comment