Saturday, July 13, 2013

Encouragement

The first time I started running today, I felt like I had just dragged myself out of a swimming pool. My legs weighed approximately 100 lbs. each. The next run rotation I made it farther and longer than I have yet. It was the distance of an obscure Michael Jackson song, is all I know. Ooh in the middle of this run though it got ugly! Grunting, spitting, you name it. But I did it. I'm hurting like the devil tonight but I did it!
I appreciate all of your encouragement, as I am unabashedly looking for it! I was going to apologize for that, but you know what? That's what we need! I teach my kids at school to congratulate the winner so that when they win, the same people will congratulate them. So you bet I'm going to work on improving my level of encouragement giving (or bucket-filling for my elementary friends). Because we all deserve it! So go, you, for the awesome thing you did today.

No comments:

Post a Comment