Monday, July 22, 2013

EsCApaaayy...Hey, isn't that spelled just like Escape? --Dory


3:37 a.m. Brynn calls me in her room. Asks me to tell her a story. Can't think of ANYTHING to say. She tells me about a bad dream about the evil purple minions from Despicable Me 2 being in her room. I give her imaginary jelly gun. (If you've seen the movie you understand.) Go back to bed.
 
5:02 a.m. Max wakes up rip roaring ready to go. Suck snot out of his nose. Give him a bottle. Put him back to bed. 

6:08 a.m. Read Royal Baby gossip whilst saying to myself go back to bed dum-dum. Go back to bed.

7:19 a.m. Moooommmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.....

7:20 a.m.-8:16 p.m. Feed, change diaper, suck snot, repeat. 

Ok, first of all, in amongst this we did make some pretty awesome pompom superheroes, pretended to go to the beach, played ball, and did some more laundry with my spaceship machines. There truly is no better job than being a mother, I wouldn't trade it for anything. Really.
But today was long, tough, and at times smelly. (How many more teeth could Max have?! This kid is the worst teether in the history of babies!)



On days like this, my history would show that there is no freakin' way I would have exercised. After all I earned a night off, right? But guess what I started thinking about around 6:30 p.mm? I can't wait to run.

It is my escape! While I'm running is the only time my brain isn't constantly scanning, evaluating, ruminating, planning, fixing, etc. All I can think of is breathe...breathe....breathe. (I'm getting better at shutting up those demons. I think since I called them out they're a little less persistent.)

I know there will be days I don't feel so excited to get my feet hitting the pavement out the door. My couch is reeeeeally comfortable. But it is so exciting to be excited about this. I'm running for longer stretches at a time. I took my dog, Fiona with me tonight. It was a little disconcerting to look down as I'm huffing and puffing and see that she's comfortably trotting (or maybe just walking) beside me. Oh well, she has 4 legs and I only have two.

After all day of being Mommy though, in all honesty, it's really nice just to be Lacy for a mile or so. That in turn, makes me a better Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment