Sunday, July 14, 2013

Mama said there'd be days like this...

Nothing to brag about in the Grant athletic department today. My eating has still been on track, at least. I even have enough points left to have a slice of my blackberry pie that just came out of the oven. The four of us had a great time picking the berries in our woods the other night. In the rain, of course, but that kind of made it more fun. Brynn made tidal waves in the ponds--I mean puddles. I know the blackberries are healthy and 0 points by themselves, but I make ONE fresh blackberry pie a year, so I'm not missing it! I even make the crust from scratch. I use my wedding edition Betty Crocker cook book my favorite aunt got me as a wedding gift. The whole tradition just makes the summer feel more complete.
Max had a rough night last night, hence I had a rough night last night. He's generally a good sleeper now except when he's getting teeth in. They give him fits. Anyway, after church, I fell asleep on the couch waiting for nap time for the kids to start.  I had a yucky headache and was just exhausted. I got them in bed, got myself in bed...for about 10 minutes.
Now I love my son dearly, but the only sound he seems to make when he is upset is, "mmmm, mmmm, mmmmm, mmmmmmm..." In the absolute most annoying tone in the universe. It makes me want to gouge my ears out. If that's possible. I plan to use this against him when he's a teenager somehow.
So needless to say, I was not a happy mommy. After many failed attempts to get him back to sleep, I gave up and let him play. Then he pooped. Ah. That was the problem. Then Brynn woke up early from her nap because she had to poop. Yes, when you're a mother, poop controls your happiness.
I was still trying to be positive, saying I would exercise in some capacity today. Then I was getting hot. I thought it was because I was grumpy, but the mismatched temperatures on the thermostat told me otherwise. No air running. Forget it. I cannot make myself exercise when I'm already hot and short of sticking my head in the fridge there is no hope of cooling down afterward.
So I made my pie. I knew the oven would potentially make it hotter, but I needed something positive to end my day. Blackberry pie it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment